Chris Maher is a fly fishing guide based in the Truckee/Tahoe area. He grew up in the East Bay and completed his undergraduate education at Chico State. Chris is well versed in Northern California fly fishing. While in school, he fished everywhere from the lower Sacramento River, Deer Creek and the Feather River to the Yuba River, McCloud, Upper Sacramento and the Trinity River.
Chris currently guides on the Truckee and Little Truckee Rivers for most of the year, in addition to taking special guiding trips to Alaska during the summer months. Hear about his amazing trips to the Baranof Wilderness Lodge and the Kanektok River, where he sees exciting wildlife species such as whales, orcas, bears, bald eagles and arctic foxes while he catches King Salmon (Chinook), Silver Salmon (Coho), Pink Salmon (Humpy), Chum Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Dolly Varden, Cutthroat Trout and Rainbow Trout, giant Halibut, and many varieties of Rockfish.
Chris talks about his guided trips in Alaska, including the equipment he uses during his 100 mile float trips through Togiak National Wildlife Refuge. Stay tuned to hear Chris’ most embarrassing stories, on any river and in Alaska. Chris also touches on topics closer to home, such as his strategies for mouse fishing and crayfish season.
Get in touch with Chris:
- See him at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show February 2017.
- Visit his website: Mahersguideservice.com
- Like his Facebook page.
- Follow him on Instagram: @capt.maher.fly
- To listen to the Barbless episode on SEO, find episode 6.
- Also be sure to listen to Greg Kennedy’s episode (21) to improve your content marketing game.
- If you need some writing inspiration for your blog, check out John Baiocchi’s episode (23).
- Are you a guide who wants to contribute to our weekly Fishing Report? Visit: podcast.barbless.co/guides to learn how.
Never miss a podcast; don’t forget to Subscribe to Barbless on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Have an idea, tip or question? Drop us a line at (530) 636-2523.
Check out our website at Podcast.Barbless.co