In this week's episode of The Barbless Fly Fishing Podcast we speak with California Department of Fish and Wildlife biologists Sarah Mussulman, Mitch Lockhart and John Hanson.
Sarah and team discuss their experience surveying some of California’s most remote high lakes in Plumas and Sierra Counties in search of The Sierra Yellow Legged Frog which is currently on the Endangered Species List.
The team also tells us about various Lahontan Cutthroat Trout (LCT) recovery efforts in and around the Lake Tahoe region.
Citizen Science is an emerging avenue for data collection - learn how you can help teams like Sarah’s and other biologists collect and share your own data.
Finally, John Hanson talks about his project at CDFW - heading up the Heritage and Wild Trout Program.
The Barbless Fly Fishing Podcast should be used for informational purposes only. Barbless co. does not necessarily endorse any views or advice of guests on this podcast.
Are you a guide who wants to contribute to our weekly Fishing Report? Visit: podcast.barbless.co/guides to learn how.
- Liz Heller: email@example.com
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to Barbless on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Have an idea, tip or question? Drop us a line at (530) 636-2523.
- Check out our website at https://podcast.barbless.co
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for more of the best fishing content Northern California has to offer.